BUILD & GROW YOUR
BUILD & GROW YOUR
BUILD & GROW YOUR
Founded in 1997, Comspace has succeeded in building emerging growth technology companies through its management services and investment expertise. The rapid pace of technological change, the emergence of new market ideas, and the cyclic environment for investment capital require integrated business knowledge and experience. Comspace keeps abreast of the global trends affecting technology business to provide its clients and portfolio companies with the best chance to thrive.
We have decades of seasoned experience in senior executive management, new venture investment, operations, business development, mobile analytics, technical services, and finance, which is focused to provide companies a wide range of support from formation through mature stages. Companies can work with Comspace in a variety of ways, including short- and long-term executive management assignments, strategic consulting and analytic engagements, partnering, and direct investment.
“Companies can work with Comspace in a variety of ways, including short- and long-term executive management assignments, strategic consulting and analytic engagements, partnering, and direct investment.”
Our team provides focused strategic, analytic, and operational advice to a wide variety of product and services companies throughout their life cycles; from startup and emerging growth, through to mature or in turnaround. Unlike large consulting firms, Comspace quickly provides its clients the most efficient and cost-effective guidance without layering inexperienced people on a project. Because the Comspace team has direct operational and management experience in many functions of technology business, firms use us to solve current problems and avoid costly strategic mistakes. Our experience spans Fortune 500 companies, Government task forces, private equity firms, small business startups, and international joint ventures. We have unparalleled relationships with legal, accounting, and venture capital firms that provide value-added networks for our clients. Our joint venture affiliate, Comspace Mobile, provides highly tailored analytic and management services to telecommunications and investment firms.
Example services to clients have included:
- Strategic and business planning
- Financial planning, capital creation, mergers and acquisitions
- Infrastructure development
- Market assessments
- Analytic and management technical services
- Program management planning
- Corporate restructuring
- Strategic partnering and joint venture creation
- Global established and emerging markets expansion strategies
We provide highly skilled and experienced executives on a short and intermediate term basis to our clients. Our principals and associates have dozens of years of senior-level experience in a wide range of functions. We understand entrepreneurial, growth, and turnaround technology ventures covering all aspects of P&L, strategy, operations, financing, product development, business development, domestic and international marketing, commercial and government sales, R&D, and executive staff recruitment. Our team has successfully managed companies from their early stages through multiple rounds of capital, initial public offerings, and growth. Our experience as Fortune 500 company managers, complex legal and financial transaction specialists, and board members provide invaluable support for our clients on a focused basis.
Select engagements have included:
- Managing Director of a Central Europe wireless telecommunications infrastructure provider
- Startup President of a space launch vehicle services company
- Startup CEO and CFO of a joint venture for satellite data services
- Venture Investment Director for an international private equity group
- Interim CEO and Board Member for a location- based services, tracking, and messaging firm
- Development and Sale Preparation CEO for a software and database firm
- Turnaround COO for a media distribution company
- Turnaround CEO of a broadband services firm
- Advisor for a Software as a Service and Data Analytics firm
Private Equity Investment
Comspace has invested in a portfolio of companies at the leading edge of their fields. We selectively invest in seed and early stage wireless and mobile telecommunications, aerospace, and information technology companies. We and our investment partners typically co-invest $50,000 to $500,000 of equity or debt in firms with proprietary positions, strong management, and high growth potential. Our team supports our investments with value added services, advisors, and executive management expertise.
Select Portfolio Investments:
- CEL Polska– A national microwave wireless broadband data network provider. Sold to Formus Communications
- eLink Communications– Multi-tenant building ISP. Acquired by Eureka Networks.
- Fiberight– Converter of waste products into biofuels
- Global Radio– European developer of satellite radio system
- Knight – Hub Computing– A regional Internet service provider. Sold to CAIS Internet.
- Peracon– First online commercial real estate environment.
- Tracer Net– GPS tracking and messaging for specialty vehicle fleets. Acquired by Trimble Navigation.
- Tucana Technologies, Inc.– Provider of patented software database: Acquired by Northrop Grumman.
- Comspace Mobile – Our joint venture provider of mobile & wireless analytic services.
Michael W. Miller, Founder and Managing Director, has over 40 years of experience in the aerospace, telecommunications, information, and high technology industries as a venture capitalist, CEO, entrepreneur, and operational manager for several small and Fortune 500 firms. He led technology investments as a Managing Director and Venture Partner for the venture funds of a global $1B private equity firm. As CEO, he successfully built into emerging growth companies TracerNet and Arc Second. He also has held senior executive positions with Rockwell International, Orbital Sciences’ founding team, and the Center for Innovative Technology. He has worked with dozens of firms as an advisor and board member in developing their businesses and in creating innovative financial and operational strategies. Mike holds an MBA with a concentration in Finance from the University of Chicago and degrees in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering and Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois.
Thien-Ly Ngo, Managing Director Mobile Solutions and Comspace Mobile co-founder, leads Comspace efforts in wireless/mobile telecom consulting, analytic services, and investment evaluation. She has over 20 years of experience in global telecommunications solutions and business management. She has consulted with both domestic and international clients in mobile device technology, telecom fraud management strategy, and global expansion. Thien-Ly has a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from General Motors Institute with an emphasis in Communications Systems, a Master of Science in Telecommunications from George Mason University with special studies in Wireless Communications Systems, and training in global business management.